Plans & Programs of LRA for 2010 and Beyond
- Fully implement the Land Titling Computerization Project (LTCP) which was started to cleanse the Torrens system and provide the public with an efficient, reliable and expeditious service.
- Intensify a more vigorous nationwide campaign against the proliferation of fake or fraudulently issued certificates of title.
- Continue the Operation Handog Titulo
Undertake measures in its drive against corruption
- To address the problem of graft and corruption, the Integrity Development Action Plan (IDAP) started institutionalization. An Internal Audit Unit has been established. Programs on ethics training, spiritual formation and moral recovery have been conducted. With these, graft and corruption in the Agency will be curbed.
- Supports & cooperates in the implementation of Land Sector Development Framework’s (LSDF) Land Administration & Management Reform agenda of the country for 2010 to 2030.
- Total Quality Management through Improved Systems and Procedures both at the Central Office and Registries of Deeds
- More training Seminars/Workshops/Regular meetings and provisions of avenues as clearing house for the Resolution of important issues affecting Administration and Operations
- Effective Management of Material Resources
- In our continuing efforts to avoid tedious, time consuming and expensive court proceedings, we propose the passage of:
A. An Act amending Sec 6 of RA No. 26 authorizing the RD to file petitions for reconstitutions of lost or destroyed original copies of certificates of titles at the expense of the government, in case of loss or destruction falling outside the provision of RA No. 6732.
B. An Act amending Sec. 9 of RA 26, allowing administrative cancellation of the two (2) year period reservation for administratively reconstituted titles.
C. An Act allowing administrative corrections of clerical or typographical errors committed in writing, copying, transcribing or typing of an entry in the maps, survey plans and certificates of land titles.
D. An Act allowing administrative cancellations is the proposal of adverse claim after the lapse of 30 days period.
E. For serious study and consideration is the proposal to allow administrative issuance of new duplicate certificate in case of loss or theft of the owner’s duplicate certificate and change of civil status, with certain safeguards.