The Land Titling Computerization Project Objectives
In line with the LRA's mission to preserve the stability and integrity of land ownership and maintain the trust and confidence of the public in the Torrens System, LRA's LTCP shall enable the quick and secure registration of land titles in the country through the application of state-of the-art information technology.
Specifically, it aims to:
1. Maintain on-line information on titles that is current, complete and accurate;
2. Maintain the security and integrity of records by safeguarding these from tampering or destruction and deter substitution or insertion of questionable data, in paper or digital form;
3. Ensure the integrity of the land titling registration system by moving from a largely paper-based to a largely paperless system, thereby securing tighter control over land titles and eliminating fraudulent titles;
4. Protect land titles from loss due to fire, theft, natural disasters and the normal ravages of time using security-tested document imaging technology;
5. Implement more reliable and predictable land registration procedures by streamlining and standardizing current processes to attain outputs within set timeframes;
6. Provide a system of control to prevent overlapping or duplication of titles by using modern digital mapping technology to create accurate updated municipal/cadastral index map sheets;
7. Provide management with accurate and timely information for policy making, performance appraisal, operations monitoring and more responsive public service;
8. Eliminate fraudulent and inaccurate surveys by using modern digital mapping technologies to create accurate Municipal Index Sheets and for updating them with parcel boundaries;
9. Support other government programs directly linked to the land titling system functions;
10. Provide enhanced operational efficiency by strengthening the administrative support application systems;
11. Provide a system of timely detection and identification of fake land titles which will assist in the identification of persons responsible therefore; and
12. Improve revenue collection.